The following UX trends are those we predict will be important in 2023:
- User experience (UX) will remain a major priority: Users’ expectations for simple, intuitive software are only going to grow, thus designers will place a higher priority on providing users with seamless, pleasurable experiences. This can entail adding functions like tailored recommendations and simple navigation.
- More people will use design systems: Consistency and effectiveness in the design process can be achieved by using design systems, which entail producing a collection of reusable design elements and principles. In the upcoming years, more firms are anticipated to embrace design systems.
- Increasing the usage of AI and machine learning: As these technologies mature and proliferate, they may be applied to enhance user experiences by personalizing and streamlining interactions.
- The significance of microinteractions will increase: By giving feedback and adding a personal touch, microinteractions — small, understated animations and interactions within a product — can enhance the user experience. These interactions will probably receive more attention in software design in the future.
- Increased emphasis on accessibility: It’s expected that there will be an increased emphasis on creating user experiences that are inclusive of and accessible to all users, regardless of their abilities, as society becomes more conscious of the value of accessibility.
- More immersive and interactive experiences: As technology develops, it’s feasible that we’ll see more immersive and interactive experiences that engage users in novel ways. Examples of these include virtual and augmented reality.
- Increased use of motion and animation: Motion and animation can be used to lead people through an experience and provide visual interest to designs. In the upcoming years, this pattern is probably going to persist.
- Voice and mobile interface development: With voice assistants and smartphones becoming more and more common, it’s likely that user experience design will receive greater attention.